question

Carlo avatar image
Carlo asked

Quattros act in concert when only one is programmed to ignore the AC input 1

In a 3phase and parallel system, so 6 Quattros are program with an assistant to ignore AC input 1 when the Auxiliary input 1 is open. What happens when this Auxiliary input 1 in just one Quattro is open and the other 5 is different.

Would only that Quattro (the one with the Auxiliary input 1 is open) ignore the AC input 1 or would all Quattro act in concert?

-Carlo

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGeneratorRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

For the 'Ignore AC Input' function I believe that you just need to load the assistant into the master unit on L1 and all other phases slaves will follow.

The related manual clearly states this behavioir for the 'Virtual Switch' usage of 'Ignore AC Input' (as it's an exception) but it's not explicitly specified for the 'Assistant' usage.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

It would be setup this way to ensure that all units operate in sync. This would also be the case when AC is ignored for other reasons (such as poor waveform or low/high voltage).

But I will ask internally to confirm for sure.

Note: Installation and configuration of multiphase and parallel systems is complex - it is not a task recommended for users or untrained / inexperienced installers.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ commented ·

Feedback received (from those much more knowledgeable than me...) is that the 'Ignore AC input' assistant only needs to be loaded into the master of L1 and will be reflected in the other units providing the 'switch as group' option is also enabled. This option should be enabled by default and is also mandatory for most ESS grid codes.

0 Likes 0 ·