question

pyro avatar image

Cerbo GX Current Consumption

Hi, I am looking for current consumption of Cerbo GX @ 12VDC. For comparison, the Venus GX is listed at 210mA at 12VDC in the manual. Cerbo does not list any power consumption in the manual.

I would like to install on a boat mainly to link my MPPT via Wifi to the VRM website, but am concerned that the current consumption will drain batteries too much. I will be using 2x 50W panels, but would like them to primarily charge the batteries.

cerbo gxdc system
1 comment
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hello. I would also like a know what the current consumption of Cerbo GX is. It's pretty basic info especially with this kind of gear. I'm trying to decide whether to go with Venus GX or Cerbo GX for my new installation.

@mvader (Victron Energy) can you shed some official light on this, please!?

3 Answers
pers1 avatar image
pers1 answered ·

3,86W with Touch 50 with screen turned off but hooked up

1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thank you! That's hugely appreciated. Is that with ethernet or wifi on, or both?

pyro avatar image
pyro answered ·

Just a reminder, can you check current? Preferably with wifi on, wired ethernet off.

1 comment Share

Sorry I doesn't had the time yesterday and today I'm also full of work.
I hope I have some time tomorrow.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I can check this on Monday, but I think it is not much more then the Venus GX(without the touch 50 of curse).