question

bscheube avatar image
bscheube asked

Something wrong shows 7.6 volts

Just installed bvm712 smart exactly as shown in figure 3 both with and without the auxiliary battery and the voltage shows 7.6 volts bounces back and forth to 7.9 volts percent SOC shows 90 percent and goes down to 40 percent like a stop watch. Then looses blue tooth signal and counts down again over and over. Current bounces around at -570 to -580. Power bounces around -3984 to -4800. Consumed amp hours stays at 110. Time remaining stays at 0.

Volt meter shows battery at 13.47 volts.

Any ideas? Faulty out of box?

The only thing I changed in the setup was amp hours of battery to 110

Thanks Bob

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Please check the bmv fuse, it should be 1a.

Then check the voltage at the shunt.

Are you using the rj12 communications cable that came with the unit, unmodified?

Remove it, and reinsert it and make sure it is fully pushed in and locked with clear contacts.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bscheube avatar image bscheube commented ·

Cannot find a 1 amp replacement fuse. Do I need to change the whole inline fuse wire and fuse holder. Only fuses I found in 1 amp are bigger diameter and longer.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ bscheube commented ·

Hi B,

It is a regular M205 (20 x 5 mm sized) quick blow fuse.

0 Likes 0 ·
bscheube avatar image bscheube klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Where can I purchase the fuse? The only place I can find them is online. Wanted to just pick one up without the delay in ordering.

Why do they install a 100mA 250v (.1A fuse) when it requires a 1A fuse to make it work?

Again thanks for the help

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ bscheube commented ·

The wrong fuse was a manufacturing/packaging error.

Please contact the retailer who you purchased your BMV form, and have a discussion.

0 Likes 0 ·
bscheube avatar image
bscheube answered ·

Thanks klim8skeptic,

The fuse is 100ma (.1a) so I need to get a 1 amp fuse and try. ( if this is needed why is it not shipped or in the instructions? Just asking.).

Voltage on both sides of the shunt are the same as the battery. I also checked through the fuse to the shunt and it is the same.

The cable is the original that was with the monitor and I reseated both ends.

I will update in a few hours after I purchase the 1 amp fuse.

2 |3000

bscheube avatar image
bscheube answered ·

Thanks will do

2 |3000

Related Resources