question

Kradenko avatar image

MPPT Solar Charger shows Solar energy after dark.

Hi,

My Setup:

1 x Multiplus 48/5000

1 x 250/100 Victron MPPT charge controller

6 x Canadian Solar 405W Solar Panels

1 x Venus GX Controller

1 x BMV 712 Battery Monitor

4 x 120Ah AGM Batteries

I have had it happen once before that the VenusGX/MPPT controller is showing that I am still getting a decent charge after dark. It is so dark now I need a light outside to see where I am walking. It's almost as if something has got stuck. Any idea why it does this and/or how I can reset it?

Attached is a image of the current power flow.

Kind Regards,

Davin Hansen

MPPT - Solar Charge ControllerMultiplus-IIVenus GX - VGXSolar Panel
2020-01-21-2.png (47.8 KiB)
2 comments
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

What happens when you unplug the ve direct cable from the mppt?

Nothing happens. If I bluetooth to the MPPT unit it still shows charge. Same as listed above in my image. I need to disable the charger and re-enable it then it seems to reset.

Not a bug I think I like.

3 Answers
warwick avatar image

I’d like to get some of these panels please!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kradenko avatar image

@JohnC I tried that, problem persisted, wasn't a problem on the VenusGX Looks as if the MPPT loses it's configuration. The only voltages listed on the VictronConnect app was 12V and 24V. 36V and 48V wasn't even listed. I actually had to reflash the MPPT controller via the VRM portal to hard reset it. Now it has returned to a stable operation.

This is now the second time this happens. @mvader (Victron Energy Staff) is there a known issue with the MPPT's software where it corrupts? Don't really want to have to watch my solar system every day to make sure it doesn't lock up again.

Thanks!

JohnC avatar image

Hi Davin. Yes, try rebooting it. Device List' > 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Reboot'.