question

iccankz avatar image
iccankz asked

Bluetooth documentation for BMV-712

Since I can't use the Victron Connect Windows app with my Victron Bluetooth enabled device (the BMV), it may possible to create an application like victron connect that connected via bluetooth in Windows 10. Is it possible to request a documentation on how to extract the battery monitoring data via the Bluetooth protocol? I think an equivalent document of the protocol information for communication over serial to the BMV like shown below should suffice.

BMV Battery MonitorBluetooth
1579484906570.png (15.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
peterfromswe avatar image
peterfromswe answered ·

This would be of interest for many purposes and products, so +1 for that. I use BMV-712 together with MPPT 75/15 SmartSolar and would like to extend existing functionality by controlling cut off of charging based on BMV SOC estimation (cut off when > 80% SOC).

Existing relay on BMV can perform this but at the price that battery indicator and time to go estimation is not doing what is expected...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic