question

andrer avatar image
andrer asked

blue power control "no connection"

The blue power control doesn't "see" the multiplus anymore. I am using the EasySolar 48V which includes the color control.

Used to work, not anymore.

On the blue power control it say's: "no connection"

I checked already:

- power is OK

- tried another RJ45 cable

- jumpers are set correct (J2)

- correct Bus is used (VE.Bus on the blue power control connencted to the color control VE.Bus)

- color control firmware is the newest: V2.6

- multiplus firmware is the newest: 430

What can I do? Thanks for your help!

BluetoothVE.Busblue power panel
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I can't help you with your problem because I never used the Blue Power Control but 430 is not the latest FW for the Multi.
The latest (released a few weeks ago) is 478.
To update the FW you will need a MK3 interface.

0 Likes 0 ·
andrer avatar image andrer Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Hello Matthias, thank you for the info about the FW! You are right, the FW is not up to date. Obviously, its only possible to update it via Victron Connect and therefore only with this (overpriced) MK3 interface.I don't like to spend this amount of money, just to figure out, that the FW update was not the reason for my problem ;-)

But anyways... is there really no other way to update the FW? I thought I have the fancy pancy equipment which has its price but just works...

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
evm avatar image
evm answered ·

Hi Andrer, In my case the BPP stopped working and never did start working again. Being a new unit I was able to get a replacement from the vendor I bought it from under warranty. I sold the replacement unit and switched over to a Color Control GX and later a Venus GX. I am upgrading again to a Cerbo (the cerbo arrived today!) So the Venus will go on ebay once I switch over.

I liked the BPP because you could set most parameters from it but it just appeared to be a lightweight engineering wise in terms of robustness.

Regards, evm

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andrer avatar image andrer commented ·

Hello evm, thanks for your update! I definitely will send it back for repair or replacement. But I'm not sure if I want to install such an unreliable device again and might go with another solution too. Anyways, have fun with your new Cerbo ;-) Best health and regards from Switzerland

oh, and for anybody else who cares: I bought the "overpriced" MK3 Interface adapter in order to update the MultiPlus' firmware. And no, it didn't help with the blue power control either.

0 Likes 0 ·
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi Andrer !

I will suggest to disconnect everything which is powered from your battery bank & from any other form of external power in your setup for a few minutes. It will perform a reset to all the electronic devices, without losing the configuration, but when reconnecting, start from the battery bank to easysolar, and then the rest of Victron Devices.

I hope the reset will help to restore the communication's line between them.

Michel

1 comment
2 |3000

andrer avatar image andrer commented ·

Hello Michel, thank you a lot for your advice! Stupid me that I didn't think of that myselfe. But done now and unfortunately, it didn't help with the connection either :-(

It's weard, it used to work, but not anymore. I don't use that blue power control often, so I don't know what I did before it stopped working. However, I've ordered that overpriced MK3-USB adapter to update the FW which I wanted to do anyways...

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

What is VE.Bus?