question

jtroybailey avatar image
jtroybailey asked

Update Failing on Raspberry Pi 4

Hi All,

I recently setup a Raspberry Pi 4 using the image from (https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/25666/venus-on-raspberry-pi-4.html?childToView=38071#answer-38071 )

All is working well, and it is reporting to VRM no issues, so I know it has internet, however when checking for updates I receive the below message.

Any Ideas? Thanks.

firmware updateRaspberry Pi
1579429703459.png (27.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jeroen avatar image
jeroen answered ·

This is normal, the official updates only work once the raspberrypi 4 is supported. For now there are only images.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jtroybailey avatar image jtroybailey commented ·

Thanks, understood. Will it start to update automatically, or will i need to re-image it to start getting updates?

Also, i am surprised it uses different packages to a Pi2, i assumed sames packages, just different image for the Pi4 hardware.

Thanks Again.

0 Likes 0 ·
jeroen avatar image jeroen ♦ jtroybailey commented ·

Not sure if it becomes updatable, status quo it will become updatable. But since it is not supported yet, I would like to preserve the freedom to make breaking changes. Most packages should be roughly the same. Which packages are different?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Raspberry Pi running Victron’s Venus firmware - Blog Post

Venus OS Large image: Signal K and Node-RED - Install

raspberrypi install venus image

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic