question

gwbn avatar image
gwbn asked

System instability since Venus update to 2.42

Hello, since updating Venus from 2.40 to 2,42 has destabilized my system. I have a Multiplus 3000/24/50 and a Smartsolar 150/70 MPPT. There seems to be some communication issue between the Venus and mppt which shuts down constantly and causes battery management issues

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @GwbN

Is the system online? and if so, is it ok if we take a look at it? (what is the VRM id / name?)

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gwbn avatar image gwbn commented ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff), have you managed to identify any issues that are glaringly wrong? currently i revert back daily to the backup version of my VEBus firmware. this seems to help, as the communication between the VEBus, Venus and MPPT is then fine...

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @GwbN

I didn't see anything going wrong, so please point me to what is not working, when it is not working, and what you are doing to correct it.

0 Likes 0 ·
gwbn avatar image
gwbn answered ·

Hi @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff), what happens is that the smartsolar unit seems to go into a loop whereby it doesn't communicate with either the Venus or the PCBus, which i am not sure.. the app will thenb read under the status heading ESS for a few seconds and then Fault under the battery state , where it cuts off the pv and all readings will go to zero, just to restart again after that and do the same.. What i do currently is every morning i manually change the firmware on the remote console/settings/firmware to the stored backup version.. Seems both work because soon as it starts up with the new firmware the problem seems to be sorted and the MPPT functions normally.

If you have a look at the PV graph first thing in the morning for about the last week, you will notice that it is frantic See video at about 10 seconds it does that and would continue until o change the firmware

Best regards

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @GwbN

So to what Venus firmware you downgraded? does it make a difference when you use 2.33?

0 Likes 0 ·
gwbn avatar image gwbn Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff), I vacillate between 2.42 and 2.40 . Either seems to work.. it is just the reset of the comms to the mppt that seems to be the issue...

0 Likes 0 ·
gwbn avatar image
gwbn answered ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff), i vacillate between 2.42 and 2.40 daily first thing when the sun comes up, then it is stable

2 |3000

alan-peng avatar image
alan-peng answered ·

Hello, Yes, I also have the exact same issue in our installation. I believe this was raised by the updated of venus2.42 or MPPT 1.47. My workaround is to disable DVCC temporarily. Now the PV production is back to normal. Our site components as follows:

CCGX venus 2.42

Smart MPPT 150/35 v1.47

Quattro 48/5kva 430

Pylontech battery

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Alan Peng

Can me tell please what exactly doesn't work / doesn't work as expected?

What is the VRM id?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic