question

Ingo avatar image
Ingo asked

ACOut2 Relay Strange behaviour on brief power cut with assistant.

I think I might be doing something wrong but I've seen some strange behavior with my ACOut2 Relay. I have an assistant that disengages the ACOut2 relay if ACIn2 (Grid) fails. Now you might wonder why because it's the default behavior anyway. ACIn1 is my Generator Input and when the Generator runs I want ACOut2 also to be disconnected. The Generator ONLY runs when there is no Grid power so the logic seems right. It's also a manual start generator so I decide when to power it up (usually only after very long outages).

It all works perfectly except it 'looks' like in a very specific situation it does not work at all.

Here is the scenario: We have somewhat unstable power where I live, every now and then we have a very brief power cut and then it goes back to Grid power. My Quattro detects this brief power cut and switches to Inverting Mode. Soon afterwards the Quattro switches back to Grid power.

I have my gas stove connected to ACOut2 so I can see if the clock goes off or starts flashing '12:00' after a proper power failure but this brief cut it doesn't, meaning the ACOut2 Relay assistant does not disable the relay when the brief power cut is detected.

My two assistants logic states (and also in this order):

Disable ACOutRelay2 when ACIn2 (Grid) Is Not Available for 0s.

Enable ACOutRelay2 when ACIn2 (Grid) Is Available for 30s.

Here is my question:
Is there a time delay that an Assistant is triggered? Could the brief power cut be too short for the Assistant to run but be long enough for the Inverter to kick in and run from batteries? The reason I ask is that when in a high load situation with my Pool Pump, Geysers etc. running is around 6800W we had such a brief power cut and the system started to give overload warnings. Checking VRM it 'looks' like everything on ACOut1 and ACOut2 was powered from the batteries for a good couple of minutes and then the load on ACOut2 dropped off somehow. Is this at all possible? Should the Assistant not trigger at the same time the Inverter sees a power failure?

Ingo

RelayAssistantsac out 2
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ingo avatar image Ingo commented ·

Some data when this happened tonight.

HousedeJager_20200119-1940_to_20200119-2040.txt

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Gerrit avatar image
Gerrit answered ·

Hi Ingo. Are those 2 assistants the only ones programmed to the Quattro? Or do you Also have ESS programed? If you also have ESS programed? This might be the cause that your logic is not working becouse of conflicting states of ESS operation. Thanks for the email, let's chat on mail from here.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ingo avatar image Ingo commented ·

Hi Gerrit, Yes, those are the only ones. It's just a big UPS at the moment, no PV.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VEConfigure Assistants manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic