question

solar-apprentice avatar image
solar-apprentice asked

bluesolar panel voltage during night > 0 ???

I am not sure if this is normal, so my question is to all of you that use mppt bluesolar charger. While the battery is connected to the charger, I can also measure similar voltage on the solar input terminals. This is regardless if solar panels are connected or not. So if voltage of the battery is 50V, on the PV terminals I can measure 50+ something volts also. Same is displayed in victron connect screen. Does your charger displays solar voltage > 0 during the night also? Shouldn't it be 0V during the night? Perhaps something got fried in mine :-/

MPPT Controllerserrorservice
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spirou avatar image spirou commented ·

same in mine, don't think it's a problem

0 Likes 0 ·
solar-apprentice avatar image solar-apprentice spirou commented ·

Ok, that's one. The thing is, I am pretty sure a year ago it displayed 0V during the night for the Solar voltage. Perhaps this was introduced with some firmware upgrade and I didn't notice when so I am under the impression that maybe something got fried like due to lightning storm. Although, the charger works perfectly. There was also some history graph mess that appears occasionally like the data isn't correct at evening but next morning it seems to be correct. But that's a different topic.

Please can anyone else confirm this PV terminal voltage behavior on the bluesolar mppt?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

We just measured the PV side of our blue solar mppt. It is night here, measuring 1.29v and the colour control registered 1.2v.

MPPT is running firmware v1.46

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

greendovefarms avatar image
greendovefarms answered ·

I have seen this before on a customer installed system, where the charge controller displays battery voltage and also shows an output of 5w on the GXCC over night, I found the negative and positive wires of the two PV strings had been crossed and the customer opened the fuses while the system was loaded. ( to do some testing) I’m sure this has caused a diode to be fried inside the controller, it still works but never turns off.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic