question

Bill avatar image
Bill asked

How do I filter on the Connect App Devices screen so I only see my devices?

I am currently drycamping with a plethora of other RV's (400) using Victron hardware in Lake Havasu and have to scroll two or three pages of devices to find mine in that sea of listings. I have named the first five letters of each of my controllers, SBS and the BMV to be the same but my devices are all over the place. It appears VC's default sort is by type of device. I am guessing that the folks writing/doing systems analysis of this software have never used it in a crowded vicinity of their own devices? Maybe boats don't get very close? Anyway, am I missing something obvious or am I, and every other RV'er around me having the same issue? -Bill

VictronConnectfeature request
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @bigbillsd, unfortunately you're not missing anything obvious; "sort by" or "hide" aren't currently options in the VC menu; the "search" function may be of use to you, but you're correct in that boats don't usually get close enough to each other for this to be a problem in the marine world, and I think no one's made a particular note of this problem before. I'll forward this thread to VC developers and we'll see if this is a feature that could be added in a future VC update. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

drlbradley avatar image drlbradley commented ·

It is however a real big issue in the RV/motorhome world. My suggestion would be that devices are ordered such that known/paired devices are listed first.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.