question

stuart-keasley avatar image
stuart-keasley asked

BlueSolar PWM Pro, RS485 to serial over IP

I am attempting to set up RS485 communications from a BlueSolar PWM Pro controller, to serial to IP Server running on an InHand 615 router, and then over IP via IP to Serial software/virtual com port software to my laptop, running Victron Energy app (Solar Station Monitor)

The BlueSolar PWM Pro is connected to the InHand 615 router using Cat5 cable, RJ45 at the BlueSolar end, bare cables at the InHand 615 end. The InHand has screw terminal connectors, provides connections for B, A, GND, TX and RX.

I am currently connecting cables 3 and 5 from the Cat 5 to B and A on the InHand 615, although I've also tried switching (ie 3 to A, 5 to B), pairing (ie 3 & 4 to B, 5 & 6 to A), and connecting to the RX and TX.

IP to Serial Software, I have tried USR-VCOM and TCP COM Bridge.

The Victron Energy App binds successfully to the virtual port created by the IP to serial software, I can see that communication is being passed on to the InHand Router, however nothing is being received back from the Solar Charge Controller.

I have done this successfully before, all be it with an EPsolar PWM Controller; unfortunately it was a few years ago now, documentation is (cough) no longer available.

Does anyone have any info they could throw my way that could help?

victron productsrs485
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
stuart-keasley avatar image
stuart-keasley answered ·

Some further information, I've now successfully tested both USR-VCOM and TCP COM Bridge with a different Serial to IP server and RS485 device, so know that both applications are working correctly.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic