question

leongallienne avatar image
leongallienne asked

Multiplus stopped charging batteries through generator

Hi there

Hoping someone can help. I have a multiplus 3000 charging byd batteries through solar and occasionally generator. Everything has worked perfectly until today, I had the generator running and charging the batteries as it always has but wanted to stop and refuel so I turned it off at my colour control as I normally would and all went as normal. When I turned it all back on the generator started up, the load light on my ATS switch box came on as usual but when the final click from the multiplus kicked in to allow power through nothing happened as if it tried coming on but went straight back off it then waited 30 seconds or so and tried again but the same thing happened. I have tried turning everything off and resetting the multiplus but the same thing happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Warm regards

Leon

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
christyler avatar image
christyler answered ·

Try turning off ups mode with Ve connect.

It sounds like the generator connection is being refused by the inverter, has something changed with the setup or generator?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

leongallienne avatar image leongallienne commented ·

No change with anything which is why it's so confusing. I tried generator again later on and it started charging as normal. Turned generator on again this morning and it's not charging again. Any ideas why it would work one day and then not the next?

Cheers

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, have you already read through this comprehensive guide for troubleshooting generators? You will be an expert by the end of it:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

1 comment
2 |3000

leongallienne avatar image leongallienne commented ·

Thanks for the link

0 Likes 0 ·
christyler avatar image
christyler answered ·

Possably, some kind of intermittent fault, I would check all the connections, take them apart and reconnect them, you may find something there.

Another possibility is that something has worn in the generator causing it to be out of the spec the multiplus will accept, although I would expect this to show as a more permanent fault.

2 |3000