question

danny-du-plessis avatar image
danny-du-plessis asked

Smartsolar MPPT 250/100 in VictronConnect shows load as ESS and 7 seconds later fault appears and back to ESS. Continuously.

Hi all

My system was working perfectly fine for the last 3months. Last week I noticed that the smartsolar power goes to about 5000w and then suddenly drops to 0 every 7 seconds. I have a Quattro 10000va and CCGX. If I disconnect the Quattro and let the smartsolar 250/100 charge the batteries it works fine. Agm batteries 360ah 48v.

MPPT ControllersCCGX Color ControlVE.Smart Networkservice
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
tabreu avatar image
tabreu answered ·

Hi @Danny du Plessis, could you check if you have a VE.Smart Networking configured in your device? If so, you can try to disable it (by leaving the ve.smart networking) and check if the issue persist. Having ESS + VE.Smart Networking is not supported at the moment.

You can find more information about the VE.Smart Networking on https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:ve-smart-networking.

Thanks.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

danny-du-plessis avatar image danny-du-plessis commented ·

Hi Tabreu

Thanks very much for your reply. This was my fault had some how switched on the VE smart networking. My system is working perfectly again. Thanks for all you other guys input.

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

Does this mean the CCGX is still plugged in and you just turn off the Quattro and the issue goes away?

4 comments
2 |3000

danny-du-plessis avatar image danny-du-plessis commented ·

Hi warwick

If I switch off the Quattro the fault still remains. If I disconnect the Lan cable between CCGX and Quattro the smartsolar is working correctly. Not sure if it is a configuration problem or not. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw danny-du-plessis commented ·

Hi @Danny du Plessis Do you know of anything that has changed in this time e.g. automatic firmware updates? Is everything up to date? Are you running ESS? Are you running DVCC?

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ danny-du-plessis commented ·

"If I disconnect the Lan cable between CCGX and Quattro"

Sure it's the same as a 'Lan' cable, but it's a VE.Bus cable now. Just to be sure, it should plug into the correct port on the GX..

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman danny-du-plessis commented ·

Are you running DVCC? Can you show us screenshots of the DVCC configuration.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page