question

kondziozamek@tlen.pl avatar image
kondziozamek@tlen.pl asked

Trying to connect to MPPT 75/10 with CH340G

Im trying to connect to MPPT 75/10 with ch340g usb to rs232 ttl converter. I can read text data via terminal but cant send any hex command. Also i cant connect to it via victron connect because it pops up at the list for a second and then dissapear and the cycle continues. What am i doing wrong ?

MPPT ControllersVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ยท

Hi, Iโ€™m sorry, but you need to use an original cable.

we have lost a crazy amount of time in r&d trying to help people with knock-off and or just other type cables. Sometimes the tx is not working, but only rx and so forth; causing the craziest errors; which normal support teams canโ€™t handle so it ends up in r&d to rule out a possible bug; all a major waste of time.

Of course I do understand the normal cables are costly; but there really is no other (supported) solution. Merry christmas!, Matthijs

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kondziozamek@tlen.pl avatar image kondziozamek@tlen.pl commented ยท

Ok but i need to ask if original cable has anything special because i cant afford it i might try other rs232 converter as pl2303 or ftdi

0 Likes 0 ยท
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) โ™ฆโ™ฆ kondziozamek@tlen.pl commented ยท

Hi, Ftdi you could try;

0 Likes 0 ยท