question

dub avatar image
dub asked

MPPT 100/20 bluetooth connection issue

I can no longer connect to my MPPT 100/20 via BT. Icon is greyed out and I get a message "Connection is not possible because another device is already connected to this product. Disconnect from other devices and press refresh button"

I have turned off all BT devices on my boat yet the problem still persists. If I disconnect the solar and the battery from the MPPT then reconnect will this reset the unit and remove any device that may be connected ?? Can I disconnect the solar while the panels are active or should I wait until night ?

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hopefully it is possible to switch off (isolate) the solar panels and the batteries without requiring a physical disconnection.

Switching off solar panels while they are producing can cause issues with switching equipment. It is not possible to say if this is safe or not without more information about your system.

So while it might be possible, it would certainly be safer to wait until there is no power coming from the panels before isolating them (and the battery) to restart the MPPT.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tomvandyke avatar image
tomvandyke answered ·

Having the same issue. Mine is a Victron 100/50 with Bluetooth VE Direct dongle. Was working great now constantly giving me a greyed-out image and saying not available. Only thing that works is to disconnect the dongle and reconnect. The. It happens again the next day. No other Bluetooth devices on in the boat. And even if there were that would be aggravating to think the connection is somehow corrupted. Not a computer genius but this seems like a bug to me.

1 comment
2 |3000

Instead of disconnecting the dongle, try to toggle the flight mode on/off and then press the scan button again.

Some Android phones and/or installed software interferes with the Bluetooth connection and doesn't let the dongle perform a complete disconnection.

This will be solved with a firmware update that will be included in a new VictronConnect version in a few weeks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources