question

paul-henry avatar image
paul-henry asked

Top left and right leds flashing green, intermittently.

Does anyone know what this signifies? Everything seems to work except my microwave doesn’t like the power, it works well on shore or generator but not on inverter power. Thanks

error
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@paul henry, please specify what device you're asking for assistance troubleshooting.

Almost all Victron product LED error code definitions can be found in the Victron Toolkit app, available in the Google Play store for Android or the App Store for Apple

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paul-henry avatar image
paul-henry answered ·

I’ve got a pair of multi-pluses, brand new, updated to latest and greatest. 12v/3000/120 running in parallel.

4 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

This should be only at the slave Multi and is normal. What do you see at the master if you start the microwave?

0 Likes 0 ·
paul-henry avatar image paul-henry Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thanks for response. Yes, this is at the slave, the master led is lit green. The microwave does not turn on, nothing, so I can’t run it. My lights and toaster oven work well on inverter power. Just learned something: inverter on, microwave doesn’t turn on. I flip the ac input circuit breaker on to the inverter and the microwave works well from shore power. I turn the ac power to the inverter off and the micro wave still works as long as the main panel breaker is on. Something is funny here, I’ll have to explore some things.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ paul-henry commented ·

Do you have AES activated?

0 Likes 0 ·
paul-henry avatar image paul-henry Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

No, AES not turned on.

It’s a mystery, will dig in today.

1) microwave doesn’t like inverter power, won’t even light up but toaster oven and ac lights and even tv work on the same circuit. When I put generator or shore power into inverter, microwave works fine on same circuit.

2) I recently replaced my old trace inverter with the 2 victrons and used the same wires, circuits etc. Just moved the in and out AC. Wires from one to the other. The pair of multipluses are wired in parallel. Did not have this problem with the old trace.

3) important clue: there is a 2 pole main circuit breaker that feeds an ac bus where my 50 amp inverter feed is. Normally this main circuit breaker and the inverter feed circuit breaker would be off when i’m Inverting, as there is no generator or shore power. I have found that if I turn on the main circuit breaker, even when the inverter feed circuit breaker is off, the micro wave works.

My best guess is that there is something about the neutral and/or ground that the microwave doesn’t like but my other ac circuits don’t mind. I am using the option of the victron putting ground and neutral together when inverting, I suspect that this will be related to problem. Maybe the microwave doesn’t like something about this, as I understand it, when ac power is put into Multiplus the relay would open and no longer connect neutral with ground.

It’s a rainy day here in paradise, will explore, More to follow!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic