question

adamgriffith avatar image
adamgriffith asked

Victron Connect v5.14 update issue

Greetings,

Currently having issues updating Smartsolar MPPT 75/15's with app version v5.14. The VictronConnect App freezes on the update screen when connecting to the regulator and does not allow connection or update. I have managed to update regulators using the older version of the app (v5.13) of which then allows devices with the current v5.14 to connect to regulator.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Many Thanks,

Adam

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi both, thanks for notifying us! We noticed the same. Unfortunately / strangely we didn't see it in all of the many tests of firmware updates we did.

I'll know more details later, for now the news is that we're releasing a new version today, v5.15, which fixes it.

We expect it to be available on the Google Play store within a few minutes. Apple store will follow asap later.

Apologies for inconvenience caused!

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mathew Hamilton Green avatar image Mathew Hamilton Green commented ·

Not coming up in IOS App Store??

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Mathew Hamilton Green commented ·

It’s there in the Australian App Store for me now, Apples CDN’s might need a little while to refresh depending where you are in the world.

Keep checking, it won’t be long.

alt text

0 Likes 0 ·
parasol avatar image
parasol answered ·

Same thing happens with both Android and iOS client when I try to connect/update BMV-712 Smart battery monitor.
The BMV-7xx reports to be in version 2.14 and Victron Connect would want to update it to v. 2.23

but nothing happens, when 'Update' button is pressed. The app gets totally stuck (both Android and ioS), when 'Update' is pressed.

2 |3000

parasol avatar image
parasol answered ·

Yes!! The VictronConnect version 5.15 (for Android), worked nicely.

BMV-712 got updated and app can connect to it.

Thanks!

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @parasol, ok good. I'm glad to hear that, thank you for confirming!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources