question

bouric avatar image
bouric asked

Victron MPPT 75/10 stops sending power after one or two minutes

After one or two minutes of use, the controller stops to send power to the instruments. If I disconnect the - of the battery, and reconnect even immediatly, it reworks for, again, one or two minutes.

I have tried to plug the battery direct, no problem, so it seems that's the controller which is in fault. Is it possible to fix it?

Thanks and regards,

Éric

charge controller compatibility
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

grindboy-rol avatar image grindboy-rol commented ·

Hi, did you got to solve the problem? I have the same problem now.

Regards,

Andu.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Bouric

Are you talking about the load output?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bouric avatar image bouric commented ·

Yes, absolutely. There is no load output after one or two minutes.

0 Likes 0 ·
bouric avatar image bouric commented ·

Yes, absolutely, no load output after one or two minutes, and load output restarts after I unplug the - at the battery, for one or two minutes again.

0 Likes 0 ·
ttbb avatar image ttbb bouric commented ·

It is your load output settings. the default setting is batterylife so if your battery has

not been getting much charge recently it will be cutting off the load output until the battery gets a good charge.

0 Likes 0 ·
batterylife.png (64.0 KiB)
bouric avatar image bouric ttbb commented ·

Thank you but no, the battery is fully charged.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Bouric, ~120 seconds is indeed the disconnection timer for the load output; this indicates that one or more of your settings is telling the device to turn off the load. By disconnecting the device and reconnecting it, you have reset the timer, but the timer is still being told by one or more settings to turn off the load output... the trick is to figure out which setting it is. You mention that your battery is fully charged, so it shouldn't be the low-voltage disconnect, so let's go from there:

1. Please ensure that the jumper has been removed from the VE.Direct port on the device, to ensure that the jumper settings and the software settings are not conflicting.

2. Please ensure that the "Streetlight" function (in the app) has been turned off

3. Please confirm what "operation mode" you have set in the "Load Output" settings

4. Please confirm what battery voltage the MPPT is reporting in the app

5. Please state your system voltage (12v or 24v) and confirm that the MPPT is set appropriately (ie, if you're native 12v but the MPPT is set to 24v, it would see a fully-charged 12v battery as a low-voltage)

Please double-check those items and report back!

2 |3000

bouric avatar image
bouric answered ·

Dear Mr Cook,

My device doesn't have Bluetooth, so I cannot perform all the controls you speak about.

I understand that the jumper is the small black connector at the back of the device? I have tried to plug it on the left two pins, then on the middle, then on the right, I also took it off totally for the same results.

My battery is a 12V battery.

With thanks,

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic