question

jakecloss avatar image
jakecloss asked

No mppt charge controller data

Sorry for all the questions.

I have the Victron EasySolar 5kVA with Color Control panel and the BYD Battery-Box Pro LV with 4 battery modules 10.24 kWh.

I I'm trying to figure out why I can't see any mppt charge controller data, as far as I can see in the off grid victron +BYD guide you should be able to see data as normal if your charge controller is ve direct and not can bus.

Can any one help me get to the bottom of this.

Many thanks

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @Jakecloss Can you see the MPPT device together with the other devices on the GX configuration screen? If yes, then select it and if you scroll down, there is a history option. Typically history should be listed there. If not, the usual steps of latest firmware etc. should apply. The Easysolar is very much just a bluesolar and multiplus in a single enclosure.

Let us know how you get on.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jakecloss avatar image
jakecloss answered ·

I believe my firmware is up to date and I cannot see my mppt device on the ccgx screen

3 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Have you used a VE Direct cable between the mppt and CCGX?

0 Likes 0 ·
jakecloss avatar image jakecloss klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

It is already installed when purchased but I should check it is definitely in properly on the back of the ccgx its definitely plugged into the back of the mppt securely.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

If you go into the vrm portal (not remote console) and look under device list, you can remove it if it is there and try to re-install. Otherwise, your have to get the dealer to check the Ve.Direct cable inside if it has never worked. The connector design in my opinion can be much improved upon.

0 Likes 0 ·
jakecloss avatar image
jakecloss answered ·

Sorry text got cut of.

I cannot see device on screen

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic