question

Sailing Maia avatar image
Sailing Maia asked

Multiplus voltage reading

I use a 12/2500/120 multiplus inverter. It's connected with a 110 ah starter batterie and a 800ah bank. Both have a voltage sense connection to the multiplus. At the sense connector pins I messure with my multimeter up to 16V. That is much too high. When I connect the multiplus vie mk2 dingle with my computer, the multiplus reports a Voltage of round about 14.4V. Has anyone an idea what can cause this failure? It will toast my batteries...

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

First of all check the voltage reading on the V-Sense at the inverter. it should be reading the battery voltage.

then check the output voltage coming out of the multiplus At the multi plus

the reading you are seeing on the MK2 is the reading at the V-sense connection, if this is not correct then the multiplus may overcharge or undercharge the batteries

NOTE you can only use ONE battery bank as the voltage sense, do not connect two different battery banks at the same time. to this connection.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Sailing Maia avatar image
Sailing Maia answered ·

Hello Paul,

thanks for your answer. The Voltage at the Sense connection is the same as at the batteries, and it´s much to high. The reading of the MK2 is 1-2V less than the voltage at the connector.

So the multiplus definitley overcharge the batteries.

I programmed now a voltage limit of 12,4 in the multiplus, so in reality it goes max to 14.6V.

At the multiplus 2500 are 2 sense-connections. one for house batterie and one for engine batterie, so are you sure i only have to connect one bank? And by the way, both messuring senses are wrong.

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Sailing Maia

Can you make a picture of the connections in your Multi?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sailing Maia avatar image Sailing Maia Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Can't open the box now, the baby is sleeping. But I connected exactly like in the manual. And I can messure exact the battery voltage at the sense connectors. About 14V. And the VE Connect with MK2 says 12.x V.

0 Likes 0 ·