question

zeno avatar image
zeno asked

MultiPlus 1909140 with VictronConnect over MK3

- reading documents and lots of questions and answers here for hours confused me even more. ...

VictronConnect tells me to upgrade to a version above 200, VE.Bus Configuration guide says that I would need a newer CPU as well.

Somewhere else it was stated that it "should work'.

If I use VEFlash to upgrade then I will loose all setting. If I can not connect afterwards there is no way back and I am afraid to end up with an unusable system.

My intention was to change some parameters for using lifepo4.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Zeno

manual says:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start?s[]=victron&s[]=connect#multiplus_easysolar_quattro_phoenix_inverter_with_vebus_and_similar_products

The minimal required version of the VE.Bus devices is 19xx111 for European units and 20xx111 for 120V, which were released in 2007. Older models, 18xxxxx are not supported.

for updating firmware: I don't know the limitations for VictronConnect! sorry, you might indeed need ve.flash, if this is the case, VictronConnect will tell you this. If so:

Probably best to save settings with VEConfigure, than update firmware and reload settings with VEConfigure.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zeno avatar image
zeno answered ·
Hi Daniël, thank you for your resonse.

My european Multiplus has a higher version but VictronConnect isn't happy with.

I'll follow your suggestion and let VEConfigure have a chance.

Thx very much Zeno

1 comment
2 |3000

zeno avatar image zeno commented ·

It took some time for me to find a pc with windos - we are not using it since a decade.

Now I installed VEConfigure, mk3, ... on vista and it ran like a charme.

Thanks for the hint - starting with VictronConnect on this old system was the wrong approach.

Thanks very much!

0 Likes 0 ·