question

tomahawk avatar image
tomahawk asked

VictronConnect improvement request (device selection, syncing data)

Hi,

there are 3 anoying things in the (Android) App that are stretching my nerves every day.

1. I alwas have to select the device to display after the App was restarted even if I have just one device connected.

Suggestion (3 ways that would improve usability):

• do not display device select screen if only one device is connected
  • store last selected device and open it on app restart
  • make it configurable (ie.e which screen to display on app start)

2. If the App notices connection interrupt a Popup tells me to check PIN. App does not try to reconnect until that Popup window is manually closed.

Suggestion (3 ways that would improve usability):

• Display PIN Popup only once
    (usually nobody will change PIN more often than once per device)
  • Retry getting back connection in Backgound and automatically close Connection Interruption Popup when connection is back running
  • make it configurable (i.e. option to permanently ignore connection issues, retry counter, etc.)

3.If the App is switched to background or screen lock is active (just for a few seconds) it seems to drop all previously synced data and starts connecting and syncing everything from scratch when it gets back to foreground. (especially trend graph makes no sense if it always starts with zero data)

Suggestions

• Just sync new/changed Live Data when App is brought from background to foreground. Store everything else in cache. Do not sync historic data that did not change more than once per day.
  • keep App active in background for a (configurable) amount of time
MPPT ControllersVictronConnectfeature request
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
zabbaskeema avatar image
zabbaskeema answered ·

Absolutely! This is so UI 101 failures. Either they are not using their own app or they don't want people to use them.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvanrensburg avatar image
mvanrensburg answered ·

It is actually ridiculous - either the BT signal from the MPPT is poor, very poor, or the app cannot keep the sync. It is virtually impossible to get the settings done without dropping the connection. I have tried 3 different telephones, to no avail.

Is there a way of connecting to the MPPT through the the colour Control and get the settings done?

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.