question

mikedefieslife avatar image
mikedefieslife asked

Replace Smart Battery Sense terminals

Can the terminals of the Smart Battery Sense be cut and new ones crimped on? The terminal eyelets are 10mm, but my battery uses 6mm screws. I'd rather not have to use a large washer to keep these clamped down.

Smart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@mikedefieslife, the temperature sensor is in the unit itself (thus why it needs to be stuck to the battery), so you're good to switch out the terminals as you require. As for warranty issues, I've never turned down a warranty replacement request for one of these just because the terminals have been swapped; that being said, do make sure your terminals are crimped properly, as I have sent a unit back to its purchaser because they reported it as defective when in fact the problem was just their crimp.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Hi mike,

Sure why not. I did. Probably voids warranty (?)

Just crimp the terminals on tight and give them a tug.

Don't pull the wires out of the box though!

1 comment
2 |3000

mikedefieslife avatar image mikedefieslife commented ·

Ah ok. Some battery sensors have the temp sensor built into the terminal. That was why I was concerned. I can't seen anything, looks like a normal terminal to me. Also changing the length of the wire can sometimes have an affect on the voltage reading, though in this case it will be minimal.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual