question

Anita avatar image
Anita asked

VE.Bus Error code 13 / 14 on MultiPlus??

I received this video from a client, but struggling to identify the LED error codes. Seems to be 2 different codes:

In both cases the Inverter On LED is FLASHING, alternatively tot he Bulk, Absorption & Float LED's which means it is VE.Bus error.

1) Float LED on with Bulk flashing = code 13.

Can't find interpretation of code 13 anywhere.

2) Float & Bulk flashing = code 14.

Error 14 - Device cannot transmit data

Most probably a short circuit in the communication cables.

Another possibility, very rare though, is a broken component on the board. Return the device to

the nearest service point for repair.

System does not have any comms cable, no GX, no BMV. Just Multiplus and MPPT, with batteries and panels. Grid-connected, but running in off-grid mode.

Can anybody please interpret the error codes for me, if I have it wrong? And then also let me know what code 13 means?

Thank you,

Anita

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color ControlVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Anita,

The first error code looks like it might be Error 11 to me.

Float light on continuously, Bulk and inverter on alternating.

Could you please run through the Error 11 troubleshooting procedure to rule that out?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

metter avatar image
metter answered ·

Hi,

I am getting the exact same flash sequence.

Did you find the problem or solution please?

2 |3000

metter avatar image
metter answered ·

I also have no connection through the Ve.bus any more.

2 |3000

metter avatar image
metter answered ·

Hi,

Thank you for not replying.

I have found the problem and it is of my own doing.

I had another issue with the unit where it would make a horrible rattling/buzzing/relay clicking sound and the output flickered.

This stopped if you banged the unit indicating a poor solder joint.

I examined the board and found sub standard soldering - example below.

The rest of the solder joints on the board were also blistered and bubbling.

I re-soldered as many as I could and in the process joined 2 of the solder pads for the VE.bus Rj45 connector and bridged them together.

When I found my mistake and corrected it the unit powers up fine.

So if anyone else has this issue and has not been soldering on the board then check that two of the pins inside the rj45 dodgy-soldering-on-victron.jpgconnector are not bent and touching as this would cause the same problem.

Hope this helps someone.

2 |3000