question

mr-fly avatar image
mr-fly asked

Can VictronConnect Export file include the date?

Please add the date to the export. Right now Export only contains days back, so basically I have to fill that in By myself.
if I archive these Csv, I have to also remark the date when it was exported otherwise the file will get useless.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

The MPPT itself does not store the date.

I will ask the developers if it is possible to use the date from the device that is connected (ie your phone) when writing the export file.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kwagner avatar image kwagner commented ·
Date and Time from the device running VictronConnect would be very helpful. More important for me would be charger NAME. We have 12 identical craft with IP67 12/25, SmartShunt 100 and BatteryProtect 12/65. We are attempting to compare and contrast the operation of each vessel.
0 Likes 0 ·
mr-fly avatar image
mr-fly answered ·

Yes, that would help a lot.

I believe they are doing it like this already in the 30 day view when you use it landscape. Would make merging the 30 day snipplets more easy

2 |3000

erutan avatar image
erutan answered ·

I'd like to chime in for support for this - any device is going to be hitting a canonical datetime server regularly enough the date on it will be reliable... I've been pondering writing a script to auto-generate unix timestamps based on export date minus days ago, but that really shouldn't be necessary.

2 |3000

mr-fly avatar image
mr-fly answered ·

As you can see, it was a request in October and there is still no date.

they could also just add the date when the export is run. On the iPhone. But seems to be to complicated ..... it's a bummer as it would make the export so much more valuable...

2 |3000

mr-fly avatar image
mr-fly answered ·

As Victron is really slow in adding stuff to their app, I wrote myself a powershell script which does this job. It will put all Csv into one and add the date. It will then eliminate the double dates (usually when you export, the day has not finished, so I will leave out day 0 and if there are still double values I will take the one that has more yield). But really Victron, with a little will, this could be implemented easy! As said, the loader does not have to do this. This could be easily handled by the export on the phone

2 |3000

Related Resources