question

geomz avatar image
geomz asked

VRM solar temperature source

Under “System Status in VRM” in the “Solar Yield” quadrant/box of the dashboard there is a temperature number listed there.

Where is that temp sourced from?

Directly from MPPT controllers? If so, which one if multiple?

Area temperature based on weather reporting and stated location of site in VRM?

Other?

Thanks.

MPPT Controllerssolar
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dave avatar image Dave commented ·

Strange that you should ask, as I just questioned the same thing.

I am sure that the MPPT unit is warmer than the 1 degree Celsius that is displayed in the image.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi all, its the temperature for the configured location; provided by a online weather service

;o)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dave avatar image
Dave answered ·

Thank you mvader

2 |3000

ghostrider avatar image
ghostrider answered ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) Does that only populate when there is a GPS fix?

3 comments
2 |3000

ghostrider avatar image ghostrider commented ·

Nevermind! Did a test... Answer is yes! Manually setting the location doesn't work!

0 Likes 0 ·
Teun Lassche avatar image Teun Lassche ♦ ghostrider commented ·

@Ghostrider that is not the case. Manually setting the location in VRM should work. Just checked your instance, and it reports the weather OK for me.

0 Likes 0 ·
ghostrider avatar image ghostrider Teun Lassche ♦ commented ·

hmm..I had the weather previously set manually and it only showed N/A for the first few days ...then I plugged in a GPS I found and the temperature came alive within minutes. Either way, I'll leave the GPS in place since its nice to have anyway.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual