question

steve avatar image
steve asked

Manual generator not staying connected to Quattro

I have a customer with a 3 month old Quattro 8000 and manual genset start. It was the first one I’ve ever installed

I have not been to site yet as it’s quite remote and quite a drive but thought id get some ideas before I go as there is no phone range on site

Customer has said that when genset is plugged in and turned on, the Quattro seems to not take the input and switches between charge and inverting every few minutes.

I have set the generator input current to 20A because of his existing cabling in the house which he wanted to leave but his genset is a Kabota 6kVa

Otherwise it operates normally without genset

I’m sure it’s something I don’t have set right in config but could I please get some ideas on what to change and look for.

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Disable UPS in VEconfig would be the next setting I would try.

Read through this comprehensive guide for troubleshooting generators. You will be an expert by the end of it:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.