question

randolf avatar image
randolf asked

Multiplus II 3000 GX VE.Can Solar Charger support

Good Evening Victron Team,

The Multiplus II 3000 GX manual makes it very clear that you don’t support the use of VE.Can Solar Chargers on the VE.Can port inside the M2GX.

I have however successfully been running a 150/85 MPPT on it.

Considering that my application will not have a Can BMS in the foreseeable future, may I please request that the unsupported compatibility not be removed in future versions of either the VenusOS or M2GX Firmware?

Kind Regards

Randolf Wenhold

Multiplus-IIgx deviceVE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

@randolf@solareff.co.za

This feature will be removed in VenusOS v2.40 for the GX device.

If you wish to keep it, knowing that it is unreliable and unsupported, you should not update to that version or beyond. It is now in beta testing: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/35383/venus-os-v24045-available-for-testing.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @randolf@solareff.co.za,

Thanks for reaching out, I don't have any info about if that is planned to be restricted, I have passed along your request.

1 comment
2 |3000

If it was me, I would disable the automatic updating of the GX device in the firmware menu. That way I could read the release notes before installing, and make sure that if it WAS to happen, it doesn't happen automatically.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes