BYD B-Box Pro 10.0 do not appear in CCGX and shut down after a while

I have an existing Off-Grid-system:

MPPT 150/45 (updated) --> VE.direct
MPPT 150/70 (updated) --> VE.direct
BMV 700 --> USB
Multiplus 48/5000/70 (updated to V460)--> VE.Bus
ColorControl GX

I changed the batteries to a new BYD B-Box Pro 10.0
All necessary parameters I programmed before changing the batteries.

After starting the BYD-Box the CCGX starts but all devices appear except the B-Box Pro. Because of that the batteries shut down after a while caused by no data connection.

The cable is OK.

What is missing to get appearance of the BYD- Battery Box ?

CCGX Color ControlBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ยท

Is the CanBus cable plugged in the right way round? Thereโ€™s a battery side and CCGX side. It does sound like the cable, ensure that it is the type A CanBus cable. Do you have a terminator on?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Andreas Abitz avatar image Andreas Abitz commented ยท

Thank you very much !

Now I have identified the problem. It is the wrong cable.

0 Likes 0 ยท
sinbad avatar image
sinbad answered ยท

Hi

Is it a CANBUS connection to the BBox?

If so, when the guys installed mine, they had to change the canbus profile to CAN-bus BMS (500kbit/s) on the Device List / Settings / Services page on the CCGX

1 comment
2 |3000

Andreas Abitz avatar image Andreas Abitz commented ยท

Yes, it is.
I have changed the parameters to 500 kbit/s, but it still donยดt appear the B-Box.

0 Likes 0 ยท
harry-chavez avatar image
harry-chavez answered ยท

Dear @BYD_service,

We have a similar problem, after the firmware update of the VE Bus System to 490 the system runs well for 1 day. The next day the BYD B-BOX Pro got disconnected from the Cerbo GX.

How can we rectify this?

1637283335215.png

1637283335215.png (39.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

byd-service avatar image byd-service commented ยท
Hello Harry, the problem seems to be different with the one described by Andreas. In his case it was a new installation and it had never communicated before.

I understand in your case it was working ok (was the Battery Box correctly displayed before?) and it has stopped working. If the system was installed around 4 years ago (allow to charge and allow to discharge relays included) and the CCGX had not been updated since, you would need to treat this as a new install and follow the steps described in the Victron website to re set it up. Furthermore, you would need to update the BMU to at least the 2018 version with full CAN communication.

If the installation is more recent please open a ticket in support.eft-systems.de and we will get in touch with you to sort it out.

0 Likes 0 ยท