question

topsan avatar image
topsan asked

Smartsolar 75/15, Hardcoded Voltages of load output mode "always on"?

Hi Smartsolar- Users :-)

I run a SmartSolar 75/15 together with 12W Solar Panels und a 12V (4S) Winston LiFeYPo 90Ah Battery in my Caravan.

Battery setup is kind of "90% full is enough -Setup" with 14V/13.4V/14.3V/30days balancing. HAve 1,7A Balancer boards on every cell.

Usually, i run the load output in mode "always on" when i use the caravan.

ATM, i am on holiday in Kühlungsborn at the Baltc Sea Coast, where Weather was quite bad. So i only got 130Wh loaded into the Battery the last 4 days, while i used 880 Wh for TV etc., all shown on the Victron Connect app.

Today, i noticed (from my gas warner beeping all the time when getting power, was the only device obn battery power at that time, taks 0,1A) that the load output switched off and on every few seconds. So i checked the battery voltage in the app: as far as i remember, it was at 13,2v.

That is way to early to switch off the battery power; these cells do have ca. 1200 Wh from 4,1V down to 3V/ cell.

Date shown here: https://www.faktor.de/batterien/einzelzellen/winston-lfypo4/lyp090aha-lifeypo4.html

Now, i changed the load output mode to user "defined 2" with off <12V and on >14,4v

I thought "Aways on" would mean" always on? Does anyone know if there are voltage limits in mode "always on"?

Best regards from Germany...

Frank

offgridvoltagesmart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
topsan avatar image
topsan answered ·

A late Update:

Some time after my question the SmartSolar 75/15 did nothing than on-off-on-off-on... in ca. 5secs repeats at full battery without any running load. So i've sent it to the seller and it was replaced with a new one. So it simply was defective :-)

Best regards from Germany...

Frank

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Offgrid page