question

3hu avatar image
3hu asked

Off-grid configuration for summer/garden house

I'm re-building/upgrading my existing small off-grid system in my garden house.
Please see my expectations first and some basic parameters.

Energy consumption is limited on a daily basis to remote monitoring and alarm systems up to 40W power usage (24/day).
Over the weekends only during the summertime, I would connect more devices for a limited number of hours (up to 8 hours per weekend) like an icemaker (100W), a small tourist fridge (60W), and occasionally a coffee makes machine 1kw (up to 10 minutes).

During winter time I think having as an option little heating system dedicated to the batteries (up to 20W consumption) to keep little higher temperature conditions for them (I found some smart antifroizing system).

So it gives us
SUMMER CONSUMPTION IS:
monitoring 960Wh
extra limited devices 1280Wh
Coffe high power usage 170Wh (quite a high load for 10 minutes).
so I need 1kW daily basis and an extra 1.5kWh over the weekend.

WINTER TIME CONSUMPTION IS:
monitoring 960Wh
extra heating up to 480Wh
so I need 1.5kW daily basis

Currently, I have MPPT 100/20 and one solar panel 330W, a battery 12v AGM 100Ah, inverter DC/AC 230V 1kW.
I'm going to add 1 more very similar solar panel (the same brand 325W) and at least one more the same AGM battery to increase capacity and voltage up to 24V.
On top of that, I consider adding a small wind 200W generator (supply energy in worse weather conditions). It has a dedicated charge 24V controller.

What do you think would be the best option?
Should I replace MPPT 100/20 for more strong one 100/30? Or keep existing or maybe add extra small one 75/15? Should I Add some battery balancers and external temperature monitoring? I found some VICTRON modules for that.
There is a sloping roof in the house (east and west site). My existing solar panel is on west site. But in the late afternoon, there is dark from the tree. I consider adding a new one on the east part. IN that case what kind of configuration do you recommend for the 2nd panel, serial or parallel connection to the MPPT?
I would ask about recommendations on how to connect all sensors, balancer, MPPT together.

Looking forward to your help and response.

offgridsmart solar set-up helpbattery capacity
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Victron Offgrid page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic