question

hamid-patel avatar image
hamid-patel asked

Where can I find the SOH ( Not SOC) of the batteries on the remote console

Smart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@HAMID PATEL, SOH is unfortunately not a supported feature. The only battery monitor on the market that I am aware of which calculates battery SOH is the Balmar SG200, which is obviously an entirely different system and cannot integrate with the Victron/VRM system; furthermore, build quality and sample rates on the SG200s are pretty terrible, at least when compared with Victron BMV systems (the BMV being what's reporting SOC).

See this thread, and specifically Guy Stewart's explanation of why this is not a supported feature:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/22513/why-is-there-no-built-in-state-of-health-measureme.html

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan commented ·

There’s a number of batteries that does report state of health to the Venus device via CanBus interface, pylontech, BYD, Bluenova (using 123BMS), freedomwon (using Orion bms), those are the ones I know of and are all lifepo4. To calculate state of health for a lead based battery is however a lot more complicated and I can’t see a standalone product being developed for it as lithium is becoming mainstream for energy storage systems

0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·

@Justin Cook - Bay Marine Supply USA Orion BMS can do SOH via CAN bus and you can see it on the GX, definitely recommend if you need a BMS and battery monitor for anyone building a system with Victron equipment.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual