question

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett asked

Feature request: Victron connect - for small MPPT's

Hi All at Victron Connect:

I put together small 12V solar systems for rural / village hones in Fiji. 12vsolar.jpgThese typically consist of a small lithium battery (12V 21Ah) a 300 - 500W inverter and an MPPT 75/10. There are typically 3 or 4 LED bulbs attached to the load output from the MPPT. The aim of these units is to provide these homes with some light at night, and a small ac supply for charging phones and small TV's - even a small twin tub washing machine.PV modules are 120 - 240W.

The easiest way to monitor the battery and the solar charging is with Victron Connect, however, the users often aren't the brightest of sparks. It would be nice to have 2 buttons on the front page of the MPPT device in Victron Connect to turn the load output on and off, without having to go to the settings page to do this. I don't want to encourage the users to go to the settings page - as they could accidentally change parameters related to the battery charging voltages - which are customised for the battery.

VictronConnect
12vsolar.jpg (809.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

True, but trying to keep costs down. small switch would also need a mounting box, if the function can be done from a phone it would be no added cost.
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ Mike Dorsett commented ·

@Mike Dorsett if the function can be done from a phone it would be no added cost.

Keep it KISS.

I look at the inverter, and wonder how long before someone plugs an angle grinder into it.

After all you can plug anything into a power point....

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
simple, if some appliance draws too much current from the battery, either the fuse or internal BMS will shut the power off. Limit is set to 25A per battery.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources