question

derek avatar image
derek asked

Generator cool down timer

Hi, It would be great to have a generator cool down timer in the GX. When running a smaller generator with a two wire start from the GX and no set mounted motorised breaker I don't see a nice way of removing load before shutting down a gen. When a Deep Sea controller is used I guess we can wire a DIO back to AUX one on the Quattro and tell it to ignor AC 1 while in cool down. On smaller sets which are not programmable, having a cool down function would be very useful and the Quattro should be more then capable of ramping off load before removing the two wire start signal from the genset. Is this feature planned?

Cheers, Derek

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Derek,

This feature has been requested, though your additional perspective may assist with its development. Along with other generator controls was considered a low priority (and the responsibility of the auto start controller).

You may be able to help with additional information to improve its chances of becoming a feature here:

https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/issues/303

Also worth mentioning as VenusOS is open source, it is possible for a sufficiently motivated software developer to also create the feature outside of Victron for all our benefit.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bartw avatar image bartw commented ·

I have moved a system from Sunny Islands to 3 parallel Multiplus 5kVa. The Sunny Islands had the warm/cool parameters which was good. The system has a 16Kva generator running at 39 amps. The Multi's load up the gen from cold quite quickly, and dropping the load from around 10000 watts to shut down instantly is a bit brutal. So if my experience builds on the request for this feature, so much the better

0 Likes 0 ·
permariusteigen avatar image
permariusteigen answered ·

You can do it in Node Red. The last update lett you controll the limit on ACin1. You can set it low at first,then after a time it will go to a higher set.

This will work on run and stop. You will need a delay-off relay for the cool down side.

2 |3000