funny error here.
Short description of the situation:
48V, 12kWh Aquion saltwater battery bank connected to a BlueSolar MPPT 150/100 and a MultiPlus 5000/48. That is our secondary pv system for rainy days.
The primary system is a 48V led-acid battery bank with 22kWh (charger is a Morningstar MPPT 60 and as inverters two 3500W QMAX pure sinus charger inverters in parallel).
I am trying since quite some month to get the secondary system with the Victron Energy parts to work. The charger does well, but the MultiPlus inverter is just not wanting to switch on.
As soon as I flip the ON switch, all LEDs shortly lighten up, then inverter and absorption/float blink alternating. For a tryout I left it blinking for almost an hour, no change. I made a short clip of the startup error:
According to the manual, that is a Ve.Bus Error Code 4. Which can be ignored when a system is being restarted or it means there is a communication error with the other devices.
Now there are no other devices. The inverter was bought new, so should be in stand alone mode. In case not, I used the DIP switches to reset it to factory settings. Programming with the DIP switches works, the LEDs confirm the procedure. Though, the inverter still does not start.
What I‘ve done/tried so far:
- disconnect all cables, but DC in and even remove all but one fuse and use different DC cabling (like you see in the video)
- connect the inverter to the primary led-acid battery bank (same error)
- resetting the inverter to factory settings with the DIP switches (no luck, but programing worked)
- tried to connect the MK3-USB adapter, but the device is not found (the MK3 adapter is working very good on the other MultiPlus inverters I have in use)
- tried another inverter on the saltwater batteries: works, no problem
I am living in Uruguay, South America. The device was bought in Germany and shipped in a container. Not an easy warranty situation.
Anybody a good idea what I could try next?
Do I overlook something?
Can one read out the device another way than with the VE.config software?