question

gregorgy avatar image
gregorgy asked

BYD Battery LV Flex Lite STOPPED CHARGING

I have a Quattro 48/8000/110-2x100 rev2 that is connected 3 X BYD flexLite units. The system worked fine till we upgraded the BMS of the BYD from Version 1.24 to 1.27. Now the battery is getting flatter every day by a percentage. How can i solve the charging problem.

battery chargingBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@gregorgy

I am running that BYD version quite fine.

What version of FW is on the GX and the inverter?

Are all the voltages set correctly according to the guide?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gregorgy avatar image gregorgy commented ·

I was running for more than six months no issue till BYD was upgraded

Product Cerbo GX
Firmware version v3.33
Product Quattro 48/8000/110-2x100 rev2
Firmware version 552

Once i upgraded the BATTERY-BOX from 1.24. to 1.27 did i notice the charging issue.

Everything is setup AUTO to detect the batteries no problem. Why the BMS is not charging now?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ gregorgy commented ·

Is the inverter programmed? A firmware update resets everything to factory.

Is this a ups system or an ESS system?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Battery updates are transparent to the system. It does not know the version has changed. Behaviour is determined by the BMS.

2 |3000

gregorgy avatar image
gregorgy answered ·

screenshot-2024-06-19-224411.pngAfter Battery BMS update you can see the graph going down slowly for the battery percentage

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
If the BMS is configured as the source in the GX system setup and DVCC, then probably time to log a support ticket with BYD.
0 Likes 0 ·
gregorgy avatar image
gregorgy answered ·

2 |3000

gregorgy avatar image
gregorgy answered ·

When there was a power break of 30 minutes the battery was 74% and after power came back the battery was at 64% then it started to charge to 100% again. What happens with the new BMS it slowly day by day drops one percentage everyday. Strange new BMS firmware from BYD

2 |3000