question

mfred68 avatar image
mfred68 asked

Enphase system not charging batteries, and not generating

Urgent help needed. I have a 4kw enphase microinverter system that was grid tied. I now have gone off grid (via a transfer switch) and am running the house from a multiplus ii 10000kva inverter. AC output 1 is connected to my house breaker box and my enphase system is also connected to my breaker box. Can anyone explain why it's not generating power being it's still connected to AC via the inverter?

Is there a setting I need to activate? On the cerbo or multiplus? Or is it now wired in wrongly?

battery chargingAC PV Coupling
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mfred68 avatar image mfred68 commented ·
Further to my question... I noticed the red light was permanently on, on the generation meter but it was getting 230v from the inverter, I then flicked the transfer switch to grid power and the red light started flashing which it does when it's generating from the enphase system, yet all it sees is 230v as it did with the multiplus. How does it know the difference between main grid and multiplus micro grid? And more to the point, how can I make it work while being off grid?
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

can you make a little schematic of how you connected your setup?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1000037514.jpg

Here is a basic diagram.

Hope this helps

0 Likes 0 ·
1000037514.jpg (1.5 MiB)
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Some PV inverters does not accept the 'grid' from the MultiPlus.

You might have to modify some grid settings in the PV inverter.

2 |3000

ton-gans avatar image
ton-gans answered ·

Hi, I've got an Enphase system on AC-out1. But my transfer switch is on AC-in (and I don't ignore AC-in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbZ6NmXhV10&list=WL&index=35&t=270s

1 comment
2 |3000

Trouble I found was if I did not ignore ac in, the inverter wants to start charging the batteries and the output becomes grid power. So I set to ignore a in unless loads are above 8kw and batteries are below 15%soc, otherwise the grid is totally isolated via the contactor being off. How did you get around using the inverter and battery power for your loads while your ac in is not ignored?
0 Likes 0 ·
Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

why not leave it grid connected and house load consumer unit on ac out1, setup ESS that can do what you want to,

PV will charge batteries and/or supply house load unless loads are to heavy then grid will assist

and as matthias said, not all inverters work or need additional (grid) settings in their system

3 comments
2 |3000

If I left ac out 1 grid connected on the multiplus, then would this not feed extra power from my multiplus ( as well as my enphase system ) into the grid, draining my batteries? Also this would stop ups from working?

And won't I have to notify dno and pay extra for more paperwork?

Will I need an energy monitor at the meter tails, if so how does that connect to the multiplus?

0 Likes 0 ·
mfred68 avatar image mfred68 mfred68 commented ·
Ok so I have been trying to set up an ess assistant on my multiplus, but when I ho to the cerbo ess page, it says no ess assistant found , where do I go from here?
0 Likes 0 ·
Duivert NL avatar image Duivert NL mfred68 commented ·
You can limit or block grid feed in with ess, and use a higher gridsetpoint

However ess will always try to balance so small amount could go back to grid

Dont know about DNO we dont have that in the netherlands, we can feed grid however we want

If the multiplus is the only device directly connected to grid it can meter itself if there are parallel loads on grid then you need a grid meter

0 Likes 0 ·