question

Tony avatar image
Tony asked

When should I use the right angled VE. Direct Cable?

Hi,

The VE. Direct Cable comes with either a right angled or straight connector on one end. Is there a particular Victron device [see below for my main items] that actual needs the right angled end. They will be wall mounted.

About to place order and need to make sure I get the right ones.

Venus GX

BMV-712

Thanks

Tony

VE.Directwiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

It all depends on how they are mounted, and how much clearance there is behind the accessory.

For example, if you wished to back wire from the Venus GX, then you would use the right angle cable.

If you wanted to surface mount the wiring, then the normal cable would be more suitable.

No product requires a specific angle, and the cables are flexible so you can usually contort them to make them fit regardless. But obviously it is much better to have the bend by design.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tony avatar image
Tony answered ·

Thanks Guy

2 |3000

Allan Yates avatar image
Allan Yates answered ·

I prefer the right angle connectors as they are more secure and less likely to be pulled out be the mass of the cable, and easier to secure. I wish there was a cable option with right angle at each end. You can see the bracket I rigged to secure the non-right angle cable. The VE.Direct connector is a bad design for marine use, as there is no positive lock.

Allan.

back.jpg (968.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Tony avatar image Tony commented ·

Thanks Allan, the photo helped a lot, appreciate it.

Tony

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VE.Direct protocol FAQ

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic