question

ee21 avatar image
ee21 asked

2-Phase PV Inverter, but can only pick 1-Phase in Venus GX. Incorrect readings in VRM..

I have seen this issue mentioned before with Fronius PV inverters, which I think may have been fixed in a firmware update for the Venus OS. I however have a SolarEdge SE10000-H US inverter, which operates on 2-phases, L1 and L2. I only have 2 phases, not three total. I have a 2-phase MultiPlus system, operating on L1 and L2 as well. However, this is what I see when trying to configure my PV inverter:

And as a result, this is what I see on my console, which causes incorrect readings in VRM:

Is there a workaround, or upcoming fix in future firmware that might address this issue?

VRMVenus OS
screenshot-11.png (16.4 KiB)
screenshot-12.png (51.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @ee21

Yes this is a known issue, as it really is a 1 phase inverter, and announces itself as a 1 phase inverter, but it is connected over two phases just like a 'real' split-phase inverter.

The good news:

In the next Venus revision (2.40) there will be an option to select a 1 phase inverter to be connected as a split-phase inverter.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ee21 avatar image ee21 commented ·

Excellent news, thank you for the reply. That has been a matter of some frustration since the inverter was installed.

0 Likes 0 ·