question

alihan avatar image
alihan asked

Batteries and orion connection for my boat?

Hi am planning to change my service gel battery with lithium battery and I want to add 2 orion ,when engine runs ,alternator(first orion) will charge my AGM and lithium battery and when engine off ,solar (second orion)will charge my AGM batteries and lithium battery. Is it good idea? Or any better way to charge all batteries in same time without communicating with each other?

Thanks

img-20240612-203937.jpg

Lithium BatteryAGM Batteryparallele batterien
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The Orion to charge the starter batteries can be small. It's just a trickle charge to keep them topped up.

Guessing this is a boat with separate batteries per engine. Your design effectively makes this a single starter battery. Make sure cabling is adequate for this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alihan avatar image
alihan answered ·

Yes actually each engine battery is separated and connected to battery isolater for charging but I guess there was no need to draw it because I am going to combine starter batteries and separate with orions for service battery. I just want to know if I set my mppt voltage to 14.2 for lithium battery , how orion will charge AGM batteries? Because AGM batteries charge voltage is 14.7 V.

Orion Agm settings

screenshot-20240616-093234.jpg

Mppt lithium settings

screenshot-20240616-093447.jpg

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic