question

Noel avatar image
Noel asked

PV keeps disappearing from setup!

For some reason, I'm having a problem with my PV (SolarEdge). It keeps disappearing from my Victron display/overview.

When looking at my device list, it shows (when missing) a "Last seen" time of hours back!

Sometimes it's gone after an hour, sometimes hours.

I'm not sure if this is caused by an update from the Cerbo GX or a hardware change by an electrician in my fuse box.

Cerbo GX is running firmware 3.40~26 at this moment.

After rebooting the SolarEdge PV, it will show up again in the Cerbo GX environment for a random time.

It used to work fine, but since the update / hardware change I am having this issue, and I have no clue what is causing this problem.

Any help appreciated!

cerbo gxHelpsolaredge
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Noel avatar image
Noel answered ·

I found the issue!

After the electrician did some work in the main fuse box, I powered everything up again (including a VMware server with a virtual Windows 8 on it).

For some reason, this virtual Windows 8 started up at the boot of the VM server too (it was set to not startup).

Guess what? This virtual Windows 8 was using the same static IP as the SolarEdge, causing all sorts of problems in my network!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@Noel

Perhaps you could ask the Beta testing crew. Or revert to the latest official release..

2 |3000

bertcy avatar image
bertcy answered ·

Did you set a static IP on your solaredge then added that IP on the Cerbo GX.

Are both Devices solaredge and cerbo on the same network switch (wired to the same router or to the same network switch). These should definitely help if the wireless method fails.

1 comment
2 |3000

bertcy avatar image bertcy commented ·

integrating_with_solaredge.pdfI will also attach the configuration document for you to ensure that everything on the victron side and solaredge side has been set correctly. Lastly you need to contact solaredge there is a setting in the background they need to enable for you.

1 Like 1 ·
Noel avatar image
Noel answered ·

Hi bertcy. It worked fine for over 10 months till some days ago.

The SolarEdge has a static IP, and is still pingable when not shown in the Victron environment.
Both SolarEdge and Victron setup are in the same network.

The SolaEdge has not been updated, however the Cerbo has. Also the electrician changed the main energy meter in the main fuse box.(it's Infront of the ET340, and should not effect the Victron setup)

Maybe its a beta issue, and I should (as suggested by JohnC) ask this in the beta forum.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Cerbo GX product page

GX family product range

Cerbo GX & GX Touch datasheet

Cerbo GX Manual

Venus root access document

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Integrating with SolarEdge

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic