question

acdc avatar image
acdc asked

Only 2 Milliamperes with Virtual load output TX cable?

I want to use a SSD Relais with my 100/30 SmartSolar and the Virtual load output, but it does not work. I measured 5 V and only 2 Milliampere with my Multimeter on the TX cable. I even bought the recommended Omron G3NA-D210B-UTU DC5-24, but the current seams to be too low. Shouldn’t the TX cable deliver 20 Milliamperes at least?

Battery Protectsmart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alistair Warburton avatar image
Alistair Warburton answered ·

According to the data sheet the max input will be 7mA at 24V so 2mA at 5V seems reasonable to me.

What is you load?

You cant measure resistance/continuity of the output with a meter it will have to be a DC load at a minimum of 5V.

Al

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

acdc avatar image
acdc answered ·

Hi Al,

thanks for your response! I don’t quite understand. I connect the TX cable pins to the input of the relay and it does not switch on. So the relay is my “load”, isn’t it?

Kind regards

Frank

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron BatteryProtect product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic