question

pierreke avatar image
pierreke asked

Alarm or shut of voltage

Hello all,

I just installed a Victron Phoenix Compact 12/1600.
Works great.

My question; at what voltage will the inverter shut down to protect the battery?
And at what voltage will it give an alarm?
Is it also possible the alarm is bearable? Or only LED on the front?

Thanks!

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Pierreke

The voltage it shuts down at will be what is programmed to shut down at.

If you haven't programmed it at all, then it is the default (assuming it is new) that you can find in the manual.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pierreke avatar image pierreke commented ·

Thanks Alexandra,

I read the entire manual, but couldn’t find it. That’s why I asked on the forum. Do you know what the standard values are?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ pierreke commented ·

If you have the MK3 to usb adaptor you will see the values with ve config.

And so you are correct about the manual on the product page. How strange! I thought the manuals all had default settings listed.

https://www.victronenergy.com/Manuals/PhoenixMulti/UKISM010054000-rev00.pdf

There is this one not sure what you have exactly. But may apply.

0 Likes 0 ·
pierreke avatar image
pierreke answered ·

In addition to this question: today I came back after a night and a day, the inverter was off, solid red ‘alarm’ light.

But… the battery was fully charged. I thought there is a point where the intverter automatically turns on again, can anybody explain? Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Dont know what battery you have but if it is a lithium i would start with the bms shutting down.

And again if the inverter has bot been programmed with an mk3 you cant rely on it being correct for the battery chemistry or otherwise.

Usually the victron defaults (especially older units) was lead acid which also has temperature compensation meaning it can even be charging at higher voltages.

Program the inverter

0 Likes 0 ·
pierreke avatar image
pierreke answered ·

Still trying to figure two things out

- at what battery voltage the inverter switches off (alarm). (Want to know because I want to know if this protects the battery from deep unloading enough)

- can I make it switches on again when battery is loaded by solar panels. (My fridges turn of when alarm, that’s fine, but want it to turn on again when there is enough power in the battery).

I don’t have equipment to connect it to my pc

Thanks again.

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

If the battery was fully charged when the systeme shut down, then it was not from low battery it cut off but rather battery shut down or disconnect likely due to high voltage.

0 Likes 0 ·
pierreke avatar image pierreke Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I think it shut of because of low battery, but when I saw it next morning battery was loaded again because sun was shining for a view hours.

Shouldn’t it startup again? Both with over and under voltage?

Battery is a AGM btw

0 Likes 0 ·