question

solarfuel avatar image
solarfuel asked

Battery Balancing LiFePo4 - Super B

I have 6ea Nomia 210ah batteries in parallel - two banks, with 3 batteries each. I am currently changing over some equipment and have one of my banks removed. During this period I would like to balance each battery individually before reconnecting and repeating the process on the other bank. The Super B manual states:

"Battery balancing - During the batteries lifespan, the cells within the Li-ion battery may be unbalanced due to high discharge currents and short float charge periods. This may result in a loss of capacity and unbalanced cells. Cells may be balanced by means of the following procedure: Apply a constant voltage of 14.4V and a current between 1A and 2A to manually balance the Li-ion battery"

I purchased a Victron Energy Blue Smart IP65 6/12-Volt 1.1 amp Battery Charger specifically for the low amperage charge capability, but I cannot seem to get the settings correct to apply the constant voltage and amperage. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

battery chargingLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers