question

thesteg avatar image
thesteg asked

Programmable relays via MK3.

Hi! We are have just bought a couple of the Multiplus 5KW charge inverters. I'm trying to make use of the programmable relays through the MK3 without having to use the assistant modules. Can we just directly control these? It'd make my life a lot easier than trying to put together a workaround. I have looked though the MK2 protocol manual and it looks there are a whole host of commands available that are not documented, maybe there is an MK3 manual that I cannot find or specifically a VE.Bus protocol manual. Does anyone know a way of doing this perhaps with a custom assistant even?

Regards.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVE.Busrs485
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi; sorry; no its not possible. Internally; we're also convinced that it would be nice if that were possible; so who knows; some day.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thesteg avatar image thesteg commented ·

Thanks for your reply. Some hope!

Is this the same for the aux input and aux relay state? I can read the multi functional relay state via the ramvar (12) but that only appears to refer to the primary relay. So to read an input i set the primary relay to mirror the input and read that instead. Is this the only way?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ thesteg commented ·
No; no plans on our side for that; sorry.
0 Likes 0 ·