question

klhackworth avatar image
klhackworth asked

Victron 12V MP-II 3kVA 120V - 120A Charger Not Charging

The company I purchased the MP from made all the settings to the MP in house to the SOK batteries that I’m using. I just turned on the system and when I went through the paces then hooked to 30A shore power the red light came on “Low Battery” and a constant clicking that sounds like it’s trying to reset itself. I’ve looked at dozens of thoughts one being turn MP off for 20 seconds then back on, still doesn’t charge and after a short time the “red light low battery” light comes back on and starts clicking again. The same thing happens with the Honda eu2200i generator. Is there a setting?

Multiplus-IIbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@KLHackworth

Does it connect and charger in the charger only position?

Have you tried with a lower input current limit?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

What is your actual battery voltage?

The inverter will not charge unless the battery is above the restart voltage.

1716996600232.png

1716996654670.png

Have you attempted to charge with the switch in the "charger only" position?

1716996600232.png (88.1 KiB)
1716996654670.png (51.2 KiB)
2 |3000

klhackworth avatar image
klhackworth answered ·

No it’s not charging. I have the “AC Current Limit” on the Touch 70 set to 28A and the AC mode to “Charge Only” the “Battery” is saying 89% and “Discharging” I’m currently plugged into 30 amp shore power.

2 |3000

klhackworth avatar image
klhackworth answered ·

Two of the three batteries have Bluetooth and are reading 13.41/65% and 13.38/88% SmartShunt is reading 13.34/89%

2 |3000

klhackworth avatar image
klhackworth answered ·

This is a screenshot of what It’s readingimg-0214.png

img-0214.png (356.7 KiB)
2 |3000

snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Did the company provide a pre-charge resistor option? When LFP batteries are connected to an inverter, there is a surge when the capacitors are charged that can register to the BMS as a short circuit, and the batteries will engage short circuit protection.

With the inverter in the OFF position, and batteries connected, do all BMS report a sensible voltage with no protection active?

2 |3000

snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Nevermind. If short circuit protection were enabled, I wouldn't expect your VRM dashboard to look that normal.

Have you attempted operation with the inverter VE.Bus cable disconnected from the GX device?

Does it invert normally when disconnected from shore power?

2 |3000

klhackworth avatar image
klhackworth answered ·

“Inverter VE.Bus cable disconnected”?

I just shut off and unplugged the shore power and switched to “ac mode, inverter only” 12 volt lights etc are working but inverter is not working!

1 comment
2 |3000

snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·
The inverter is connected to the GX device with UTP (ethernet) cable. Disconnect the cable and try to use the inverter/charger. It should work without being connected to the GX device. I'm trying to eliminate the possibility of a bad cable or communication issue.

0 Likes 0 ·