question

cc5084 avatar image
cc5084 asked

Smart Networking Capabilities

I have been able to successfully connect a MPPT 100/30 solar charge controller and a BMV-712 smart battery monitor together via the victron smart networking. However, I also have a cerbo gx and a multiplus 3000W inverter in the system. I know that there is not option for those two components to communicate via that smart network. I do have everything connected to the cerbo gx via VE Direct and VE Bus cables. Even though they aren't manually connected in the same smart network, do they still technically communicate since they all run through the cerbo? If not, how would I allow for all parts to communicate?

cerbo gxMPPT SmartSolarVE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

If you have a Cerbo GX and the devices are cabled together then there is no need for Smart Network, you should use DVCC on the Verbo to share information from the SmartShunt to all your other devices.

Also see the answer to the question from earlier today.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/288364/ekranos-connecting-to-vesmart-network.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.