question

fabian avatar image
fabian asked

How to rename smart lithium batteries?

Hello,

I try to rename my Victron smart lithium batteries in Victron Connect app (iOS).

According to https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#renaming_your_devices, this should be possible in the product info page.

When looking at one of my battery’s product info page, I can’t find an option for renaming the battery (there’s only an option for changing the PIN- code and for updating the firmware):

Thank you!

Lithium BatteryVictronConnect
app.png (447.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@fabian Sorry for the confusion. It is not yet possible to change the name of the Smart Lithium batteries. This will become available in the future. I have changed the manual about this.

best regards
Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rspott avatar image rspott commented ·

When will this feature be released?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ rspott commented ·

Hi @rspott

Isn't it possible yet? I've renamed a couple of them some weeks ago, but not sure if I was using beta software or not...
I'm not near them now so I cannot test / show.

0 Likes 0 ·
rspott avatar image rspott Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Oh yes! You can. It is not in the most obvious place until you find it.

Thank you very much.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic