question

tsawind avatar image
tsawind asked

Split Phase system: Generator not detected at AC-input: Alarm

Perhaps I'm missing a setting somewhere, otherwise this is a firmware update request!

I have a Victron system, cerbo gx and dual 48v 5kva Quattro's programmed for American split phase 120/240vac. "switch as group" is deselected in the VE.Bus System Configurator. We have AC-1 input as shore power with hot leg 1 into "Master" and hot leg 2 into "Slave". Normally we are on 50amp 120/240v shore power, sometimes we are limited down to a standard 15amp 120v outlet.
On AC-2 input we have an Onan QG 5500 generator 120v into the hot leg 1 "Master" Quattro, with no connection to the hot leg 2 "Slave"
Everything work great, autostart generator based on conditions in the cerbo, including period run one a week.

The issue is that I would like to use the feature that detects if the generator doesn't start, but it sends an alarm every time the generator runs. I'm assuming this is because the "Slave" Quattro has no AC-Input 2, even though the "Master" Quattro does have voltage on AC-Input 2.

Thank you for reading this post, and I am interested to hear any responses!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gx
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tsawind avatar image tsawind commented ·

BUMP

Probably gave too much information.

Generator autostart works great from Cerbo GX. When generator starts the VRM Notifier gives alarm saying "Generator not detected at AC-input on Generator start/stop"
Looking for fix for the alarm.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ tsawind commented ·
It's possible it's looking for AC input at AC-In 1, since the traditional generator input is AC-In 1 with shore on AC-In 2, but secondary question - have you changed the AC input names in the Cerbo to show AC-In 2 as Generator and AC-In 1 as Grid (or Shore)? It's reasonably possible that if the Cerbo wasn't told that one of the AC inputs is "Generator", it throws the alarm because it doesn't know the incoming AC is in fact the generator. That's Menu > Settings > System Setup
1 Like 1 ·
tsawind avatar image tsawind Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·
Yes, in the Cerbo I have AC Input 1 "Shore Power" and AC Input 2 "Generator"

Good question!

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers